Welcome to the ClearHealth Quality Institute (CHQI) Telemedicine Accreditation Program
CHQI was established in 2017 to create the next generation of accreditation and outcome measures. We are focused on value-based care delivery models and are committed to fostering transparency and consumer empowerment. We do this by including industry experts and leading consumer advocates on our standards development committees.
CHQI’s accreditation programs are forging national standards where none have existed before for emerging treatments, technologies, and payment mechanisms. In doing so, we fill in regulatory, operational, and quality gaps with leading-edge accreditation requirements.
CHQI is launching the Telemedicine Accreditation Program to promote the wide range of telemedicine modalities and use cases, which are vital to increasing Americans’ access to quality, cost-effective health care services.
CHQI’s Telemedicine Accreditation Standards align with current market needs, relevant laws and regulations, and best practices. We have partnered with the American Telemedicine Association to develop the most comprehensive set of national accreditation standards for assessing the quality and safety of telemedicine programs and services. CHQI’s Telemedicine Accreditation Standards build upon and expand the strong foundation of the American Telemedicine Association program for direct-to-consumer telemedicine services.
CHQI’s Telemedicine Standards Committee brings together industry and consumer representatives who are diligently working to develop standards to help the telemedicine industry improve operations and achieve compliance efficiencies, while promoting transparency and fairness.
CHQI strives to ensure that our accreditation seal will be meaningful to stakeholders across the health care spectrum, including consumers, insurers, employers, providers, regulators, and policy makers. Your feedback is very important to us, and we are confident that it will make the Telemedicine Accreditation Standards better.
The CHQI Telemedicine Accreditation Program (TAP) was developed in partnership with the American Telemedicine Association (ATA). TAP represents a marriage in thought leadership between the telemedicine industry and health care accreditation.
When the TAP program was being developed, CHQI identified the most prevalent use cases across consumer-to-provider, provider-to-consumer, and provider-to-provider telemedicine service delivery and consultation models. The accreditation standards were written to account for the breadth and depth of the diversity of use cases across different types of clinical settings and provider Organization types.
All applicant Organizations will be required to document compliance with the Core Standards and any modules that include requirements for the different types of service delivery models and/or use cases.
In addition to being reviewed by an independent third-party review Organization, prospective applicants can potentially realize the following benefits through the CHQI accreditation process:
- Facilitates an increased focus on patient safety and telemedicine outcomes in the areas of operations, clinical practices and workflows, and patient satisfaction with accredited clinical services
- Helps to mitigate risk and add an additional layer of protection for accredited organizations
- Provides additional leverage to negotiate with payers and ensure reimbursement for recognized clinical service lines and associated delivery models
- Provides Organizations a pathway to better evaluate the efficacy and quality of telemedicine programs and services
- Facilitates compliance with RFP requirements
- Provides reassurances to consumers as they make provider choices, which in turn can lead to increased ROI from new patients, referrals and the retention of existing patients
- Aligns operational and clinical workflows with industry best practices
If your Organization is interested in learning more about TAP and the CHQI accreditation process, please visit our registration page.
You can also request additional information by contacting us at email@example.com or by speaking to our Sales Manager at (410) 696-7634.